Business Development Assistant
The Weinberg Group, the leading FDA consulting firm, is expanding and looking for a new member of our business development team.
The Business Development Assistant has a critically important role at The Weinberg Group, assisting with a variety of duties, including: triaging incoming leads, writing and editing proposals, managing all sales documentation, inputting and tracking all sales activity using Salesforce.com. Extraordinary attention to detail and excellent organization skills are required in order to be successful in this role. The successful candidate will have great writing and editing skills and will be able to work independently, prioritizing tasks without being micromanaged.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to launch their career in the sales or marketing! Our expectation is that as this individual’s experience and knowledge increases, this person will assume more responsibility for inside sales work (e.g. expanding existing client work, closing smaller deals, etc.).
Prior experience is not required for this position, but may be helpful.
- Write and edit proposals
- Coordinate and submit RFP responses
- Data entry related to sales activities
- Coordinate and schedule sales calls and teleconferences
- Track sales activities in Salesforce
- Communicate with clients regarding contracts, proposals, etc.
- Manage contract process
- Analyze sales numbers and produce sales reports on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Triage incoming leads (via internet and phone)
- Produce sales presentations
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Business (proposal) writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work is a must
- Takes ownership for work, always ensuring standards and deadlines are met and keeping others informed and up-to-date
- “Can do” attitude, taking initiative in accomplishing agreed upon goals
- Ability to anticipate the unexpected
- Self motivated with an eagerness to learn
- Have the desire, drive and creativity to find solutions
- Self driven and results oriented
- Excellent English language skills
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus, but not required
- College (bachelor’s) degree required, marketing or business major preferred
Interested candidates should send a copy of your cover letter and CV to email@example.com for consideration.
*This position is located in our offices in Washington, DC, and only local candidates will be considered.
For the past 35 years, The Weinberg Group has assisted pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients in the development and implementation of successful and innovative regulatory strategies. In addition, we have worked with hundreds of companies to remediate, maintain and improve their regulatory compliance.
The Weinberg Group offers a very competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, STD, LTD, a selection of voluntary benefits, 401(k) plan with a generous matching contribution, and tuition reimbursement. We are an equal opportunity employer.